Omega 3 fatty acids have an important role to play in maintaining optimal health.
- They reduce pain and inflammation
- They support healthy cognitive function – enhance memory, learning and brain development from infancy to adult life
- They support healthy heart function and help maintain healthy blood pressure and help lower cholesterol
- They help improve mood
- They help improve the condition of skin, hair and nails: one of the signs of omega 3 fatty acids deficiency is dry skin
- They help maintain healthy cell membrane integrity